Thursday, April 05, 2007

What was I worried about?

Oh! Finally!

Someone on Match wrote me back. My (online dating) self confidence is restored.

Someone who thinks I'm funny and witty. Someone who wrote, in his response to me, "I don't even know where to start with you."

Ahhhhh. I don't know, either.

Below, my initial email to him. I've inserted some helpful details from his profile to help you, the reader, follow along:

I see a hint in your "places of interest" to my favorite movie. ["Vegas Baby" which, of course, refers to Swingers, my favorite movie. You should really know that by now] That deserves an email...not merely a wink.

And I sure am glad you have that "no meathead" disclaimer [he in fact does have this disclaimer, which is a good thing because based on looks alone, I'd put him in that category] in there. I would never have known...Kidding, of course.

I'm sarcastic. It's a blessing and a curse. I feel the same way about guys out there as you do about women [he mentions that all of the "girls" out there are like vanilla ice cream, and he's looking for double mint chocolate chip]...they all look and sound the same, especially when wearing a Red Sox hat. Everything sounds the same, looks the same [I repeated myself here. I must have not proofread] and I'm relieved to come upon a profile that doesn't start with "I hate writing about myself" or "I never thought I would do something like this, but here I am." Thank you for that. I was about to go cross eyed.

At any rate...I would label myself as Mad Dog Mango sorbet [aforementioned comparison of women to ice cream flavors]...made up of mostly sweet but with hints of spice. I tried so hard for that not to sound corny, too. [I really did try hard but when I reread it...ugh. Yet he wrote back]

Hope to hear from you soon, Stephanie

And without further ado, his response and...Your introduction to Match Peter:

All I can say is "wow". I don't even know where to begin with you. Let's just start with I might possibly have the website you've been waiting for your entire life. I feel like I need a drumrolll or something but away, we, go:

http://www.wwtdd.com

I'll just let you examine it and come at me with comments.

So I thought I would be the big bear with claws Mikey and write back and not the little bunny in the corney Mikey and wait around. You cried when Phil Hartman died? Is it because Troy McClure died with him? I think that's so --- romantic. I've never fallen in love with a sentence before buy golly gee whiz I think you might have just done it kid. Congratulations. You won the forementioned website. I think that totally kicks the crap out of any showcase showdown prize. But I'll allow you to be the judge.

Hope you're having a good start to the night ---
Peter


Peter's attempt to impress me with the above website is such a valient effort. True...I had never heard of it, but it is along the lines of my most favorite celebrity-trashing website EVA: www.gofugyourself.com, which really can't be touched.

And by golly gee whiz...this guy sounds like he's on the level.

No comments: