Saturday, April 14, 2007

Pain in the...

I'm not sure what I did to my neck in my sleep but it's super stiff on the right side and I'm really uncomfortable. Does this give me a valid excuse to be a lazy shit all day? Why yes! Perfect. After all, I only have two days of vacation left before I'm thrown into a whole new world.

So Match Peter ended up texting me late Thursday night, mere hours after I had given him my phone number, and told him to be quick about it. He is really good at following directions, which is great, because I'm bossy. I got the text yesterday morning (Friday), and Match Peter and I continued to text each other all day. I asked him about his Saturday night plans and he said he had some "tentative plans" with a friend but could probably bail. I told him NOT to bail on his friend, even though I was feeling him and really did want to go out with him sooner rather than later. Then he ended up calling me while I was on my way to go out (more on that later) and told me it was up to me: He could probably bail on his friend, but said friend is kind of a pansy and is already making a big deal out of it. So I told him to just go...even though he wouldn't be able to hang out again until the following Friday.

Did I gain major points? Eh...probably. Have I already established that I am the understanding, selfless, amazing woman? Sure.

But guess what? I still don't have a fucking date for tonight. Booo.

And I have not heard a peep from Match Dave. Ugh, lame.

In other news, I went out with some new friends last night and had a blast. These chicks...these chicks are cool and on the level. You know what I mean. No drama, no bullshit. And plus, I'm such a sucker for anyone who thinks I'm funny.

Updates to follow. I'm seeing a flurry of action on my Match profile, so I'm sure there will be unending entertainment. You realize if I ever find "the one," this blog will be shit, right?

No comments: