Friday, March 04, 2005

Jesus and Me

I'm not a religious person. I know very little about Jesus or God or the Holy Ghost(s) or whatever. Sure, I went to Sunday School and had First Communion (oh, the horrors of a white dress) but I remember none of it. Not one. little. thing.

So when I was talking to a friend the other day on the phone and he quoted "The Bible," I didn't quite know what to do. That's great that he likes the browse the Bible for some light reading, but I don't walk around quoting Jon Irving. Maybe it's me being insecure (odds are...), but I don't like when people quote things because I don't know for an absolute fact that it is, word for word, correct. I need to know these things. Because I'm neurotic. And I'm ok with that.

For example...what if I was talking to you and I was like "Oh yeah. If you have a keg at that party tonight, it will be just like when Jesus said: 'Split a piece of wood, and I am there.' Totally."

Do you buy that?

I didn't say I had a point.

No comments: