Monday, April 25, 2005

Death and stereotypes

It saddens and frustrates me when individuals enforce stereotypes that they and their ancestors have spent decades trying to obliterate.

But what I'm really talking about here is The Doll, and him being a cheap asshole.

And he just happens to be Jewish.

I went to high school with plenty of Jews. My first boyfriend (and *love*) is a Jew. They are wonderful people, really. I would never ever say anything ignorant or dare to stereotype Jews.

But I'm going to go ahead and call The Doll a cheap asshole and also mention that he's Jewish.

I'm just saying.

The history:
A friend of the family runs a golf tournament every year in honor of his father, who loved golf and actually died of a heart attack while golfing. All of the proceeds go to the American Heart Association. It is very well organized and a heartfelt tribute to a man that died in his prime.

But The Doll won't cough up $100 to sponsor a hole.

We spend more than that on toilet paper. Seriously.

So I'm upset and disappointed. He's not only making himself look bad but he's making me look like an insensitive prick, too.

No comments: