Monday, February 28, 2005

I get by...

It takes some uncertainty and general angst for me to reach out to my friends for help and advice. If I ever ever thought that there was no one who would drop everything to be there for me, I couldn't have been more wrong.

Today, is many ways, has reinforced what amazing friends I have. For instance, I was in my car, ready to turn around, go home and drug myself into oblivion with ice cream and milano cookies, but I called Aimee and she reminded me what a fucking great person I am. And I said "I know, I know" through my blubbering and she says "Well, I know you know but you really have to believe it."

This is a problem I often have. I forget to believe in myself and my ability to get through just about anything. If I didn't have Aimee to remind me, who knows where I would be. A cardboard box comes to mind. Oh how horrible! I mean I would certainly make it nice inside, but still.

Thanks to Suzie and Lisa L. too for reminding how strong I am. I forget sometimes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, I think you're amazing.

Phan said...

So my cousin has just made my day and I'm speechless...

Thanks Melissa :)

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. I�ve been browsing the net for something related to playful swingers and found this site - http://top-personals.net. It�s a guide to Photo Personals and playful swingers. Adult Singles