Friday, February 11, 2005

The Sea of Mediocrity is Drowning Me

I decided to go home for lunch today, partly because I just needed to get out of here and partly because I had to finish packing for the weekend.

Well, the mail happened to have arrive...with a letter...from said newspaper company that I visited on Tuesday.

I rushed to open it, which was challenging because I was wearing gloves. It's cold out!

For those of you who ever received a response from a college you have applied to, there was always this belief that if the envelope was really thick, that means that all the crap you needed to fill out was in there and you were in. If you got a very skinny envelope with just one piece of paper, that meant it was a no go. You were once again rejected.

Well, today's mail only had one piece of paper in it. I'll let you do the math.

I already cut my hair, and I'm running out of drastic things to do to make myself feel better when faced with disappointment. So, for lack of anything better to do, I think I'll change my blog look.

yay.

No comments: