Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Oh to finally be popular

In the last 24 hours, I've gotten five new messages on the free dating site. Some of them are very short, and yet additional comments about my smile. For god sake's come up with something more original than "amazing smile" or "beautiful smile." It's so generic. Don't get me wrong, compliments are great, but they lose their impact when they are all the same.

One message in particular got my attention. It is from NE Guy and is as follows:


You like lists.......I like dots......

Seeing as how you are the lady I'll give you a list...........

Top 10 reasons you should meet me for a drink in the near future:

10 I'm paying
9 I will make it convenient for you
8 I like the Notebook too
7 I'm a good looking fellow
6 I have a big.........................heart
5 I smile too
4 We both speak english
3 I bet you look good in high heels
2 I know where princeton is
1 No on else is scratching at your door

There's a list for you.............................................................................muah>

Now I don't really know how to react to this. When I first read it, I felt slightly charmed but then on a second read I caught some nuances. Number 7 mentions how good looking he is, which he also mentions in his profile, yet his one provided picture is a head shot with too many shadows to actually tell what he looks like. From what I CAN make out, it's not something to be mentioning a bunch of times. I'm torn on number 6. Obviously it's supposed to be cutesy, but it's also kind of gross. Your first message to me and you're already making dick jokes? Hmmmm. Then there is number one. Wrong! (see first line of this entry for proof). Maybe that is another attempt at him being cute. I also am not crazy about the "muah" at the end. Eeeeh.

So I'm sure I'm picking this apart too much, and he's probably a really nice, single, mutant 43 year old who grossly overuses ellipses and lives in the basement of his mom's house.

No comments: