Tuesday, March 08, 2011

muffin tops and black thumbs

My job now is with a third party administrative business doing low level administrative work...with lots of numbers. So much numerical data entry that my eyes start to bleed. I don't want to say it's "below" me, buuuut it can get pretty boring. However, it was the only thing I could find part-time. I think I'm already really skilled at looking like I'm doing something when I'm really not. Consider it a stepping stone for when I graduate stupid school and figure out what the hell I'm doing.

ANYWAY. My first day of work my co workers gave me a small, potted, flowering plant and a card to welcome me. Very sweet, yes? Unfortunately, I'm slowly killing it. First all the flowers fell off, then the leaves started turning brown. I'm not sure if I'm overwatering it or underwatering it or what, but it's pretty much dead. What will they think of me?

Also, after trying on about 50 pairs of dress pants within the last month, I had finally found a pair that fit me last weekend. When I went to put them on this morning, they were already too big. I know this isn't something I should really be complaining about but COME on. So I'm wearing a belt, which is giving me a small but relatively noticeable muffin top.

I am ready for today to be over. My bed and my book are constantly calling my name.

No comments: