Friday, November 16, 2007

Meltdown and I don't care how ridiculous the reason sounds

I turn 27 one week from today.

Not a peep from Yummy since what can only be described as his texting meltdown. It's not so much HIM that upsets me (wait...not at all him), it's dating in general. This is what happens. I say I need a break and then somehow I end up going on a couple dates with some joker, things end and I feel shitty about it, and for no particular reason.

The "holidays" are fast approaching. The most miserable time of the year. I feel most alone over the next month and a half, every year, no matter what.

What I'd really love to do is curl up into a ball and hide for my entire vacation. But it's my birthday and it's Thanksgiving and I can't.

I'm off to the Big Apple this afternoon to visit a dear friend. The last time I visited the Big Apple, I was in the middle of a crippling depression. I made it through that...I can make it through this. Maybe something amazing will happen on the bus. Maybe I'll have an epiphany.

My Dad gave me a CD of Beatles songs. I love him for that.

No comments: