Sunday, November 25, 2007

Hold on...it's dark in here

Last night I really wanted to hit up the town for my birthday celebration, even if a day late. Well, there were no takers...except Match Doug.

I ended up calling him back and we talked for about a half an hour. He really wanted to take me out last night. No, thank you. He sounds like an uber nerd...and I'm pretty sure that the way he talks really annoys me. Did I agree to meet up with him tonight? Why yes, yes I did. I'm sure it will provide me with some excellent material. I'll take notes, just for you.

I feel so totally defeated. I winked and emailed a whole gaggle of men on Match today. We'll see if anything comes of that. To quote my therapist, "It's a numbers game." She's right. But that doesn't dimiss the fact that I still feel lost in a see of over confident assholes.

I also agreed to meet up with BNS on Tuesday night. Why? Who the hell knows. Probably because I know we're going to a place with really good food.

The Yummy was very drunk last night and asked to come over. I said no. I just changed my sheets and I have a big zit on my cheek. Those seemed like more than valid excuses.

And let's not forget it's back to work tomorrow. I'm dreading it, but at the same time looking forward to the reinfusion of routine. My mental health needs it.

No comments: