Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Hopelessly Devoted

Hi, my name is Stephanie and I'm a Reality TV Junkie.

Like other types of junkies, I try to hide my obsession. I'm so ashamed of it, but it still feels sooooo gooooood. I wanted to come clean today.

I spent two hours last night watching reality TV. I would like one of those hours of my life back.
A few posts ago, I had mentioned that I would be watching Britney and Kevin: Chaotic out of pure curiosity. I am a closet Britney fan, with one CD and a hungry longing for even more of her "wacky" lifestyle. Last night was the "premiere" of the show and it was just downright terrible. What's most shocking is that I was glued to the television for the entire hour.

Not only is almost all of the footage from a poorly managed hand held camera, the likes of which made me almost constantly nauseous, but I would say about a 1/4 of the show was Britney making distorted faces into the camera, including three different occurances of the "pig face."

Is it refreshing that Britney fell in love with K. Fed in about 5 days? Or is it disturbing that she mentioned not once, not twice, but three times during last night's show, that she had had sex three times in one day?

And why does America want to watch this? Reality TV is about drama and fighting and anger and more fighting. I want to see failure and emptiness. As if we don't have enough reasons to hate/secretly love Britney, now we have to misfortune of being jealous of her sex/love life?? Isn't it enough that she already has a billion dollars and seems "fairly" happy and normal? I don't want to hear it, Brit!!

LALALLALALAAA. I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!!!!!!!!!

Eh em.

Moving on.

The Idol performances last night were just fantastic. I think everyone did so well and there were no (memorable) Seacrest comments or flappy Abdul claps.

This left part of me feeling empty. What is there to bitch about? Where is the outlet for me to unleash all of my pent up anger, bitterness and sarcastic wit? There was nothing. Just innocent anticipation and grand ideas about who will make the top two.

I think Carrie should go home tonight. I've decided that her face is made of cardboard and she doesn't deserve her own record. I've also decided that, even though I love Vonzell, I really want Bo to win. I want him to win so bad.

No comments: