Sunday, January 06, 2008

Embrace it!

So I found an apartment today...for just little old me. Seems I can swing it budget- wise, with just a bit to spare.

I'm relieved, to say the least. I think I found a good place and I feel a calm has come over me. Finally, light at the end of the tunnel.

I go from being thrilled to have found a place of my own (rental application and transferred cash in the bank is pending) to being scared shitless to be on my own. I actually need to purchase a washer and dryer. This is big stuff. Way big.

In other news, Match Justin called me last night. I just got the message this afternoon, when he called me again and left me another voice mail, as I was busy with realtors. I returned his call, left him a voice mail earlier this afternoon and haven't heard from him since. Perhaps he is as lukewarm about the whole dating scene right now as I am. I guess we'll see what happens.

Other items of note:
Tax season is upon us. I hope it means another lump some of money in my pocket. I took a look at the combined credit card balance today and am I proud to say that I've done a most impressive job getting the balances down.

*reaches over and gives self hearty pat on back*

In addition...work seems to be on the up and up. Exciting, actually.

Thank you to my loving and supportive friends who helped me today. I would most certainly shrivel up and lose my will to live, were it not for you.

No comments: