Tuesday, January 11, 2005

My "Job"

I work for a very small recruitment advertising company. I won't bother wasting your time or mine explaining exactly what I do because it's completely inane and 100% BS. I'm a paperpusher, a desk jockey. I take calls, make calls, use a fake phone voice and grind my teeth behind a completely false smile. I am surrounded by people who are unmotivated, uneducated and unskilled in any sort of productive communication. There are about 10 of us, give or take a hiring/firing/walking out/quitting. I'll have posts about each at later dates.

I know I'm not alone in this. I know there are so many other sufferers out there. That doesn't ease any of the pain. Hence, this self-depreciating blog.

I live across the street. Yes, RIGHT across the street. I live and work in a neighborhood I would best describe as "brown." It's bearable in the spring and summer months only due to the fact that the sun actually comes out, but fall and winter find it with an almost constant air of depression. It's a sad, sad place. It needs therapy.

For those of you scratching your head and making comments like "I wish I could walk to work" and "How bad can it be?" I will trade your two hour commute for $10K more a year any day of the week. Let's talk.


No comments: