Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Maybe she won't notice I have a wedgie

I had a job interview today. I had to leave work early because I had an "appointment." Good thing most of the people I work with are stupid/naive enough to believe me and not suspect a job interview. I think they would even buy a dentist appointment...at 6 o'clock at night.

Anyway. I had to walk across the street, wolf down a turkey sandwich, put a suit on (ok, it's not really a "suit" per say but it serves its purpose), pack up my gym clothes and peel out of here. I was nervous about finding the place downtown. Not only that, but my car is so dirty from recent storms, sanding, nastiness, etc., that I can't really see out any window except the windshield. Oops. Again, I digress.

This interview was at a recruiting agency downtown. The financial district is such a nightmare. And for all of you that may be familiar with the "Big Dig" will know exactly what I'm talking about. So, being an neurotic as I am, I briefly got lost, parked about 2 blocks away and was STILL a half hour early. What is wrong with me.

So I sit down with this chick. She's pretty cool, in her mid 30's if I had to guess. She was wearing an absolutely terrible sweater but I forgave her for it because after all was said and done, she told me she wanted to see me for a second interview so I can meet this mysterious guy that I may eventually work for. The position sounds cool with alot of perks and way more money than I'm making now. But I listen and think that it may mean I'm this guy's sidekick (read: his b*tch). Hmmm. We'll see.

No comments: