Saturday, January 22, 2005

All backed up

So I'm at the boyfriend's in one of the worst snow storms ever...and he's not here. I'm slightly worried but also know that he's very resourceful and intelligent and has 4 wheel drive. I'm a worrier, I know.

I'm also worried about seeing the Boss Man again. I've been here for about 2 hours now, trying to figure out how the hell I'm going to impress him. I've typed out some notes in an attempt to look like I have my shit together. I mean, I do have my shit together but I'm not sure if it's the shit he's looking for.

I have to take advantage of this computer time since when the boyfriend comes home, he'll play his "game" which I just won't get into now. It's all about me, after all.

Anyway...I've made a spread sheet and a word doc with all sorts of fancy language and bullets. I feel like I have yet to have the epiphany I need to have in order to make this whole thing look like I've really put in some effort. I've never done so much for a job that I don't even have yet. I think it's actually a good sign. If this doesn't work out, something else will come along. Right? RIGHT??

I'm keeping busy, trying not to get cabin fever. My big adventure for the day was going to Dunkin Donuts. That was before it started snowing...4 hours ago.

I hope he brings food back with him. There's nothing to eat in this bachelor lair.

I'm really hoping for some inspiration...and soon. I'm about to give up and watch Lifetime.

Sigh.

No comments: