Monday, January 24, 2005

Everything's coming up Stephanie

Oh yes. Despite it all, I'm feeling exceptionally good today. I'm not letting anything get me down. Here are all the things I COULD be upset/stressed out/freaked out about but BOY am I just letting it all roll right off my back. Look out!

1. I have my third and final interview with The Boss Man tomorrow morning...and I'm ready. I think I have a great chance at this. And, as my step mother pointed out (see #2), I should give myself a hearty pat on the back for making it this far.

2. I talked to my step mother for 45 minutes last night on the phone. This is probably the longest conversation we have EVER had. It is kind of sad, but at the same time...wonderful. She listened to my woes and gave me some sound advice. For the first time in my entire life, I finally realized that if I open up, she'll open up and it feels so amazingly good. Oh the sentimental goopiness!

3. Even though we have received over 2 feet of snow here in good ole Beantown, I had some help shoveling out my parking spot and my car is doing just fine. So what if Christian (see "Stereotypes make everything easier") was home all weekend and didn't even bother to move his car for the plow truck or even touch the stairs to the door with a shovel? I made it home OK from the boyfriend's and, even though my back is killing me, at least I can walk. Actually, I slipped on my walk to work this morning but no major damage was done. I think about it now, and it's just really funny. I hope I gave anyone who saw a good chuckle.

4. My clothes fit again! All of my hard work and vegetable eating has really paid off. I'm thrilled about it and it has really boosted my confidence level. So what if I have to deprive myself of all the foods that I love? At least I look good!

5. I have a few....problems on my face BUT they are slowly going away. I hate when I get pimples around my mouth that look like cold sores because then everyone looks at you and are thinking "Where has that girl's mouth been?" And then I hate when I really DO get cold sores because then I really have to admit that I have oral herpes. And don't even get me started on the stuff they make to "cure" these things. Who came up with it? They said "Let's make the some god awful, smelly, shiny, cakey shit to treat these so that they look even WORSE while they are healing. That's the best idea EVER!" It's pretty...gross. But it's ok...because I know that I'm not a dirty whore. That's all that matters.

6. I've noticed that I use the "..." quite a bit in this here blog. I hope it isn't bothering anyone. And if it is...stop reading. I don't like you anyway.

7. I'm dealing with some relationship issues, but who isn't? I know the boyfriend reads this occasionally, so I'm not going to get too into it (maybe it needs a whole OTHER blog that he won't know about) but let's just say that we had a good talk and things are looking up. I'm only mildly alarmed, which is better than majorly alarmed, which is what usually happens because I'm overly emotional and dramatic...sometimes. And let's also just say that this is a great opportunity for me to work out some of my "issues." I know I'm making my therapist proud. So what if he told me that I'm lazy and fat and I need a haircut?**

In closing, it just occurred to me that I wanted this to be way funnier and wittier than it is. I tried to make lemonade and I think it came out a little watery. *heavy sigh*

Maybe later I'll get some better material.

**I'm totally kidding...kind of.