Sunday, May 20, 2007

Love is in the air. I'm breathing some different air.

So I'm back on Match. Right now, I'm emailing back and forth with a promising candidate. He already has a pretty common first name, but my new policy moving forward is to not use real first names. Heaven forbid some poor schmo stumble across my incredibly self indulgent blog and start reading about himself and the size of his unit in some horrifying, nightmare causing experience. I'm a bitch, but I'm not that evil. At least in this particular moment.

So...I will name him...Match Dan. Excellent!

Match Dan is 26 and lives in Cambridge, with what appears to be a pretty cushy engineering or IT job. He has an apartment with a porch overlooking downtown and even with roommates, that shit ain't cheap. He is blond and blue eyed, which I know is not typically what I lean towards but he's cute. He actually looks pretty familiar. One of his pictures is of him playing mini golf...extra points...and there are no pictures of him without his shirt on. More points. His profile is actually written as a cosmo style points quiz, which is witty and clever, and he manages to excute it without sounding like an arrogant prick. More points. I emailed him on Friday night and he emailed me back less than 24 hours later. Points, points, points. So I just replied to his email with a novel of an email that may or may not frighten him. Ahh...I just love testing the waters.

About my subject for this post...a wonderful woman, who has just entered my life recently, has found love. I could not be happier for her. I cannot think of anyone with a kinder heart who deserves it more. Does it also make me a bit sad and lots jealous? I would be lying if I said no. BUT, it's her time. She hardly expected this guy to call her after first meeting him and he has turned out to prove himself a kind and loving person. It's more than enough to make me shed tears of happiness for her!

In other news...I will obsessively refresh my Match Messages page until Match Dan writes me (or does not write me) back.

No comments: