Friday, February 16, 2007

Bobble Head Yoda with an Eye Twitch

That's your visual in order to fully share in the experience that IS online dating session #2: Match Mike from Kentucky.

Tonight was a very normal, nice encounter with Match Mike. We had great conversation, never an awkward lull, good food, drinks and he paid. Sounds great, right?

Well, that's just it. Mike is very nice, but I am not the least bit attracted to him in "that" way. My gauge on this is if I can picture myself kissing him. No. No I cannot.

There were some odd, slightly uncomfortable moments that I did a great job of glossing over. He is your classic, Kentucky raised, software engineer. He claims to be "middle of the road, maybe more liberal minded" yet made some pretty scathing comments about Section 8 housing. Something like "If you're poor, you should live in the ghetto. I shouldn't have to pay for you to live somewhere nice." The more I think about it, that is an exact quote.

I let that one slide. I had to fire someone today, and I wasn't in the mood to have extremely uncomfortable conversation #2 of the day. I also let slide his comment about "small government" which, last time I checked, wasn't all that liberal. I am far from being a political expert, but I'm pretty sure he's still got quite a bit of Kentucky in him.

But I did ask about the fried chicken. He said it is quite good.

Some interesting quirks about Mike:
1. I shit you not, he looks like Yoda. Mostly the teeth and the almond shaped eyes.
2. His eyelids twitch constantly. It's unnerving. At first I thought he was winking at me repeatedly, but then thought better of it.
3. While listening to me go on about this and that, he didn't just nod his head; It was almost as if he separated his head from his neck and was bobbing it up and down using some sort of invisible force (Yoda!). If you've seen your run of the mill bobblehead doll, on a dashboard, in a car, on a very bumpy road, you have it.

#3 may have been nerves, because this improved over the two hours we chatted.

But so help me, I could not stop thinking about Luke, Vader and the Force. As much as I tried.

But I told him we would hang out again. I don't want to completely dismiss him, as he seems to be a very nice gentleman.

Then I went to DSW. It is so hit or miss...

In other news, John (Date #1), actually called me tonight and left me a message. Something like..."Haven't heard from you in a few days, wondering when we're gonna meet up again." I spoke back to my voice mail in disbelief: "WHAT?" He's dillusional. A small, small dillusional man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what happened to Match Bill? Did I miss something?