Sunday, February 18, 2007

Baby Blues

Well, since my fans are waiting in eager anticipation for news on my date with Match Bill, I can no longer keep you in suspense!

First of all...I arrived at the restaurant 10 minutes late, the only reason being that I'm an idiot. It wasn't that cold and I should have just walked from my apartment. But I thought that I might find a close parking spot. How silly of me. I ended up parking closer to my apartment than to the restaurant. Whatever.

So I walk up and Bill is sitting in the waiting area, looking cuter than his Match pictures. I see him, apologize and am instantly knocked over (metaphorically speaking) by his eyes. They are a color blue that I have never seen. I didn't stop looking at them all night. I happen to be a sucker for blue eyes (probably because mine are brown and boring).

I also liked his voice right away. This has become a trait that is apparently pretty important to me for who knows what reason. (Match Jerk #1 sounds like he's 16, so maybe I should have known right off that that was going nowhere.) It was a bit awkward at first (duh) and I think (for me, at least) it had everything to do with how cute I thought he was.

We talked and ate and laughed. He's really funny and I kind of figured he would be, based on his emails. At one point, he had me laughing so hard that my stomach started to hurt. I tried to recall the last time that had happened to me with a guy and I couldn't. I found out he's from Springfield, Westachusetts, which opened up my endless supply of Westachusetts jokes, of which he has plenty of his own. His parents are ultraconservative (he's not) and he has an older brother named Paul. He will be the big 3-0 on March 14th, which also happens to be the birthday of a dear, dear friend of mine. He works for the Mayo Clinic, where he helps monitor and write the computer software for the laboratories. I was quick to point out that this means he is an intregal part in finding the cure for cancer and saving lives, to which he agreed and told me that's usually "his line." But seriously...he is. He has red hair and is about 6'2", pretty slim and very fair. He's actually half Italian, which I find hilarious.

We talking about everything. I shared with him my monumental purchase of yesterday...a real, live Dustbuster. I explained to him that this purchase actually makes me feel like a more complete human being, to which he responsed with "I understand." Yes! He also spent a good minute trying to remove a small piece of onion (without actually touching it) from our table (left from the previous dinners) by using the menu as a shovel. He finally gave up and pushed it behind the fruity drink menu. It was hilarious.

After the restaurant, we headed to another bar and had three more drinks. When we started to get ready to leave, I asked him the BIG question, the question that holds integral importance: "What cell phone service do you have?" His answer was the correct one.

It turns out he lives less than a quarter mile from me on a cross street. He lives alone and has a cat named, Nico. He showed me a picture, and she's pretty cute as far as cats go. Apparently she plays fetch.

He's going to Minnesota (home of the Mayo Clinic) for the week but said he would call. I told him he didn't have to wait three days.

No comments: