Sunday, December 16, 2007

Drunk text

I was feeling good yesterday. I got up and moving early, got a fantastic (and very expensive) haircut (the grow out is complete!!!), did some errands and some cleaning. I even dug out my car from Thursday's storm (finally) and, after I recovered from some severe crankiness post dig out, I braved the mall and finished my shopping!! I even purchased a few key items for myself.

I looked great when JP and I headed out to the bar...and I felt great too. Tipsy and happy. At the bar, I gabbed it up with a few people and drank a bit too much. Again, it doesn't take much for me to get drunk...and bitchy when the hard stuff is involved. So then I stuffed my face with Wendy's (ew) and proceeded to ditch JP at the T station while I jumped on my train. Whoops.

THEN when I finally got home after practically freezing waiting for the bus (I managed not to slip on any ice on the walk home!), I changed in my pajamas and...oh...you know...send Mike a text message. It read as follows: "I miss you. I can't help it. I hope you are well. Thinking of you." Time stamp: 1AM. Of course he'll read it and know I sent it after drinking and may disregard it. When I try to remember what THE FUCK I could have been thinking, I'm pretty sure my drunk self knew that my sober self would feel like a jerk...but drunk self did it anyway.

Damn you drunk self!!

So I feel like a real asshole. Not just for the drunk text but for being bad friend.

In terms of the text...whatever. I can't take it back and I'm doubtful he'll write back so in a way it's just a bit more of a push to move on.

So maybe it's a good thing.

Did I mention my hair??

No comments: