Monday, October 15, 2007

Pimpin' ain't easy

So the end of last week was...upsetting, stressful and exciting...all at once.

The subsequent meltdown has not occurred yet but it can't be far behind. I'll be doing something completely normal like emptying the kitchen trash for the 2nd time in one day and I'll be pissed off about that, and then I'll just lose it because all the other emotions will bubble to the surface. I predict that to happen within the next...24 hours.

I had to make some difficult decisions at work, followed by the delivery of very difficult news. That's all I can say. It was...difficult.

The pathetic dating update:

Match Frank called me back on Thursday night from my return call that was placed on Tuesday in response to his call to me on Monday, the follow up first date call. I returned his call shortly after also on Thursday night. I shared news with him about my difficult work things and he sympathized...a little too much. He told me he would call me on Friday afternoon to "make sure I was OK." I told him that was nice, but really unnecessary. The items at hand were part of my job. Still, he called Friday afternoon and left me a voice mail. It starts off as quite nice: "Hey Stephanie, it's [Match Frank]. I know you've had a difficult day and I just wanted to say that if you needed a joke, give me a call."

It would have been great if it ended there. I would have said to myself "That was thoughtful and nice." But he continued: "I do have plans tonight [let it be known that Friday night was the first night of the ALCS and Match Frank is a big sports fan] but could make myself available and rearrange my schedule if you need to blow off some steam."

Hmmm...what does that mean exactly? I think you know the answer.

So if I was on the fence with him before, I've picked a side now. Ew. I wish I could put audio clips on here. Needless to say, I have not returned the call.

I also called eH Chris on Thursday night. I know, I wasn't going to. I think I felt like I should at least give him a chance to prove he isn't a big puss. And it was a good conversation! We chatted for about 45 minutes and only hung up because I had to go. It was promising. So then he emailed me the next day and we exchanged emails and he said he would call me on Sunday night. Well last night came and went and no phone call. Annoying. If you say you are going to call, then you call. Period. But he emailed me again his morning instead. When I called him out on the missed phone call, he apologized and gave me some lame excuse. But if I didn't call it out, I'm sure it would not have even come up. So he is a big puss. Shouldn't a Marine be more...aggressive? He's got the stoic thing down. More evidence that I just need to go with my gut.

Now comes the "Do I even bother meeting him?" decision.

To aid in these lofty questions, I hope to find and purchase a Magic 8 Ball. I think that will improve my life significantly.

No comments: