Monday, October 22, 2007

It's not so bad

I was in such a shitty mood this morning.

I don't feel good.

I had to deal with my douche bag of a roommate last night doing her boyfriend's laundry, not to mention piling so many dishes in the strainer (it would just be CRAZY to dry them and put them away, wouldn't it?) that I could not, for the life of me, locate a clean fork.

Then this morning I had just the cutest outfit planned and I was having a great hair day, only to come into work and be picked apart in a morning meeting. Thank goodness I didn't grow up with a parent who I could never, ever please. This job would be much harder if I had. Did I tell you that one of the owners of this place (the one that picked me apart) has the same exact birthday as my mother? Same day, same year. Yeah.

BUT I have to forge ahead. What choice do I have? It could be worse.

There have been other notable disappointments as of late, but also some people in my life who have shown me how absolutely wonderful and amazing they can be.

I thank my lucky stars that they put up with me. You know who you are.

And yes, I've absolutely, 100% given up on dating. eH Chris emailed me again this morning, and I told him that I'm taking a break and good luck and all that. I actually feel a kind of bad about it. But really...there would have been nothing there with him. Nothing at all. He doesn't like The Office.

No comments: