Thursday, October 18, 2007

Not like the crab

I've been quite the hermit this week. I've gone directly home every night and made dinner, done some chores around the apartment and then hid out in my room watching baseball and/or The Office. It's been a week of mood swings and private hissy fits, not to mention looks that could kill and many a sideways glance.

Every little thing is getting to me. Tones of voice, subtle movements, even topics of conversation. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to scream "Shut the fuck up!" at an innocent (or perhaps not so innocent) bystander.

I'm tired, I'm discouraged and I'm drained. It's not just singledom and it's ever encroaching permenance. True, that is a large part of my current unrest, but not all of it.

Choose another topic, any topic.

1. Work/Career
2. Housing status
3. Family drama
4. Hair
5. Pudge level

I don't mean to whine, really I don't.

I just feel stuck...like that time I was 10 and I drove a golf cart up onto a little hill and it got stuck on stop and I got in really big trouble.

No comments: