Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Princess and the Pulled Groin

Unbelievable.

I went to the gym today (to note: actual gym with machines and weights and hot personal trainers who were playing boxing match with each other) and I over extended myself, thinking that would be a way to compensate for my long absence. I think the endorphines had a negative effect on my otherwise sharp (errr) mind.

I'm stupid.

While doing a squat into a calf stretch - a move none too complicated, straining or difficult because it's really just me trying to stretch my calf because of the fucking charlie horse I woke up to this morning - I felt a twinge in my upper thigh/crotch area.

Yeah...I pulled my groin. Cough cough.

I've never pulled my groin muscle before, I've only heard that it's really painful and uncomfortable and there isn't so much you can do for relief.

All those things are very, very true.

I feel a total asshole.

Nonetheless, I'm about to get some ice to put...on my crotch.

1 comment:

Donald said...

Here's wishing you and your crotch a speedy recovery.