Friday, July 18, 2008

Growing pains

It became painfully apparent to me today that I cannot always relate, know or understand the experiences of others. I don't always have the answers and I am not always right.

Along with that, I feel as though I'm being extremely selfish in a couple of situations. I know I need to get my head out of my ass, but I'm having trouble. It isn't easy to change these stripes. The defense mechanisms (misplaced blame, or just plain ignorance) are rappant and obvious.

But the solutions I need to suck it up and deal with these issues don't seem to be readily available in my emotional tool kit.

I would be an idiot to think I had "it" anywhere near all figured out.

2 comments:

Donald said...

Sometimes people change. Sometimes the way we see people changes. You know how much I love change too. I find my strength in friend like you. Hope I can return the favor. Love you.

Phan said...

Donald! I adore you and flattery will always get you everywhere.

You are constantly returning the favor.

Hugs.