Sunday, April 27, 2008

Barf

I partied last night. I didn't go to bed drunk, and I didn't really FEEL out of control drunk throughout the evening, yet I am still hung over today. I've been nauseous all day, and haven't left the house. Oh the indecency!

But I had a FANTASTIC time, probably the most fun I've had in quite some time. The difference between last weekend and this weekend is very different and for a couple of reasons.

I told one of the owners at the crazy farm where I work that I was "thinking about the direction I wanted to go in" i.e. IF I wanted to stay employed where I am. It's not so important that she know I already made the decision. What matters is that I handled myself really well and her reaction was very reasonable. I'm fairly certain that's because she wants to be rid of me anyway. At the end of our hour and a half long discussion, during which I really needed a shovel for all the bullshit I was hearing, I felt both relieved and dirty. I was fake, I lied through my teeth and I pretended I didn't want to reach across the table and slap her.

No bridges were burned and I remained composed. Good for me...

No comments: