Monday, August 25, 2008

Netflix, will you be my lovah?

Seriously. I just got this email from Netflix.

We're sorry your DVD shipment was delayed

Dear Stephanie,

As you may know, we had issues with our shipping systems this week. As a result, we didn't ship DVDs to you in a timely manner, and you likely didn't receive email letting you know we got a DVD back from you. Our shipping systems are working again, and any outstanding DVD shipments are being mailed today (Friday).

We pride ourselves in delighting you, and we've let you down. We apologize, and we will issue a 15% credit to your account in the next few days. You don't need to do anything. Your credit will automatically be applied to your next billing statement.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. If you need further assistance, please call us at ********.

-The Netflix Team


Uhm...excuse me? I'm completely baffled by this and have been reading and re-reading it for the past half an hour.

In truth, I haven't been so into watching movies of late. The two movies I have at home right now are heavy dramas that I haven't been so much in the mood to watch. Therefore, it hasn't been a rapid back and forth with the glorious red envelopes, so I hadn't been paying too close attention.

They apologized to me (and are giving me money!!) for something I didn't even notice they did wrong.

Be still my heart.

No comments: