Monday, September 08, 2008

BREAK age

Hrm.

I just noticed it's been an entire two weeks since I've posted a word. What the hell have I been doing?

Let me see if I can come close to justifying my lack of posts.

(Probably not)

Well, a dear friend is getting married and it seems that quite a bit of my time and energy has been taken up in trying to figure out how I'll put together an outfit. I'm not sure that's a good enough (in fact it's so lame) excuse.

I've been obsessed with thinking about studying for my HR certification test, but not so much actually doing the studying. I gave myself some hard deadlines tonight and worked out a reasonable plan of attack. This makes me feel in control, which is...very necessary. The test is in early December which seems really far away, but really isn't. It's less than three months away, which is about 11 weeks or 77 days, in which time I really need to learn everything and anything that has to do with "my" profession. As it turns out, I don't know shit about it.

Whoops.

Uhm...I guess I've been getting a sufficient amount of sleep, and also reading more books. (Good for me!) I've also been relatively busy at work (ok, I was really busy at work, but for the last week I've been doing very, very little), which cuts down on blogging time. Oh and my laptop here at home was acting up a bit and I had to do a bunch of fixes to it, so by the time that was all done, I didn't really feel like I had anything interesting to post.

Like this has been so interesting.

I guess the point (I'm getting there) is that you won't be hearing from me as much but don't worry, (I know some of you have your tendencies) I'm just fine.

The thought of not passing this certification doesn't haunt me in my sleep...much.

No comments: