Tuesday, December 20, 2005

I don't want to talk about it

Well, more bad news has come down the pipeline. And it's almost worse that it has happened to someone who I love dearly and not myself. The one day where nothing had gone terribly wrong did, eventually, have to come to an end.

An unfortunate course of events had led to an extremely unfortunate result: The Nickster will be home alone on Christmas...in Atlanta of all places. This is sad on many fronts although it is unnecessary for me to go into great detail.

However, in a very generous and thoughtful turn of events, my sister and brother in law (ever the martyrs) have offered to do as much as is in their power to get Nick here to Boston (kind of) for Christmas. The likelihood of this actually coming to fruition is slim to none due to lack of funds etc. But in this case, it really is the thought that counts. I am certainly lucky to have them.

In other news, I will receive an update about my current employment today. In case I forgot to mention, one of the four ladies in my office (no one is safe) is being let go at an unspecified time in the future. Apparently the forces that be have a "creative idea."

Oh goody goody.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steph, I'll donate some to the "Bring Nick to Boston" fund if it'll help. Email me.

Phan said...

aww Mel, you're so sweet to offer. The Nickster doesn't want to come to Boston as he feels he will be a miserable burden. I will keep trying to convince him otherwise. :)