Friday, July 08, 2005

Sigh

Today is my last day at Useless Advertising Company #1. For some ungodly reason, I was here for 11 hours yesterday. I've decided that I care too much.

Of course there are things that I will miss, like not rolling out of bed until 8 every morning, but it's time to move on. It's exactly the right time.

An update:

My sister is doing much much better. A week ago Monday, she was bitten in the lower calf by a dog in her neighborhood. The bite was treated immediately, but an infection quickly spread and she was in emergency surgery by 11pm on Thursday. They had to slice both sides of her lower leg open and leave it exposed in order for the infection to drain out. I've never seen her in so much pain, even after the four kids she's managed to squeeze out. It's been rough on everyone, but she's pulling through just fine. Unfortunately, they had to put the dog down.

My date last week was so awesome. This guy is the polar opposite of jackass. He's younger than I am, extremely considerate, kind, caring and has already called me more in a week than my ex called me in a month. We were supposed to go on a second date tonight, but the poor thing is very sick with some sort of stomach flu and spent last night in the ER. Despite that, he still managed to wake up this morning, call me and even wish me luck on my last day. I'm nearing full smit and borderline making myself nauseous.

Oh, and he's really handsome. And tall. Did I mention that? Don't worry, I'm not like in love or stalking him or anything. I'm just really happy that someone like him likes ME.

I'm such a dork.