Friday, March 28, 2008

Oh Britney

My DVR is set to record all of the old Saturday Night Lives that E! runs on a regular basis. Most of these SNL's are selected from seasons that had some classic episodes.

One of the episodes my precious DVR recorded is hosted and musically guested by Britney Spears. It's from 2002 and it's absolutely hilarious. Sure, the cast at that time has something to do with it, but Britney looks amazing. It's like some weird time capsule...it feels like 20 years ago. XTina was still...XTina. 9/11 was still fresh and Jimmy Fallon was (questionably) funny.

What happened?

I'm starting to believe that her manager DID drug her. I mean...she fell a looong way from the top. Remember when she and JT were dating? I had totally forgotten that happened! Let's try to forget that Justin still had his weird two-toned fro.

Sure, her back up singers are exponentially better than she is but...look at her bod! Look at her hair! Look at her skin! She looks so fucking good!

In case you didn't know, Brit Brit and I are very close in age.

So that got me thinking...

I feel very different from how I think I felt 6 years ago, but how accurate is that? I'm a bit older, definitely more bitter and certainly jaded. But am I really different?

I know I feel better about myself. Maybe more confident? And lately I've started to feel that growing out my hair was a very good decision. I think I even look different...maybe even better? Could I be improving with age?

Doesn't it seem like an eternity ago? Sigh. Maybe I'm the only one that feels this way.

But Britney! Sweetie...what happened?

No comments: