Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Dreams squandered, hopes dashed

Sigh.

My ideas about Super Amazing Hot gym guy were right. I heard him speaking Spanish tonight (I think) while pouring over what I can only assume is a new iPhone. Every single person at work has one, so I know for sure what they look like. (But really because of Donald, duh)

Anyway, homebody had just received a "tess messig" (there is apparently no Spanish (again, not sure) for text message) and couldn't for the life of him figure out how to read it or reply to it or do anything with it. For about 20 minutes. I enjoyed all of his other beefy, spanish-ish speaking friends crowding around him and trying to help him figure it out.

I smiled.

And then went to my car and hung my head low (with shame) on their behalf.

No comments: