Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Idol is back bwaaaaaaaaaah!

Yep, it's true. It's already that time of year again.

I have yet to form my feelings on Idol this year, but I did join a pool. The new Judge seems sassy and smart so perhaps that will hold my interest...

Who am I kidding? I'll be obsessed as always.

Anyway, it's too early to report on much. These first couple weeks are for all the people who watch Idol for the bad singers. I'm in it for the quality, obviously.

So

The holidays weren't *too* bad (see post before last). But then, the day after New Year's day, my office was flooded and I haven't been handling the aftermath too well. In fact, I haven't handled much well in the last 11 days, and it's quite unsettling.

What's funny about this is that I should be able to take my own advice here. And here's why: Not too long ago, I told a dear friend who had just come through a difficult crisis not to beat herself up so much. This was after she told me she didn't think she handled it as well as she could have.

As is typical, I am incapable of taking my own advice.

I am uncomfortable not being stable rock. Quite uncomfortable.

No comments: