Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Idol, Live Again

So for a while, I didn't have a computer at home. But that only explains some of the reason why you haven't heard from me in over a month.

To be honest, things are really good and I didn't have anything to whine about. And my blog is mostly about whining and complaining. Let's be honest.

All that changes right now. Nothing can get me worked up quite like Idol.

The format is all different this year and it's really messing up my flow. Also, I've joined a pool this year. I don't usually gamble, but if there is one thing I will gamble on, it's Idol.

The format is all f-ed up, and you can totally tell from this first live show. No one knows what the hell is going on and everyone is running into each other. Tapes aren't running, what a hot mess. It's almost refreshing to see that they don't have their shit together, but unsettling at the same time.

The run down:

Jackie: I liked Jackie, I really did. But we know you're a goof ball, so how about you sing for us?

Ricky: Super talented, totally forgettable.

Alexis: You're good, but America will not understand young child + pink hair.

Brent: Ugh, shut up. No one cares that you want to be a country star.

Stevie: Tragic, tragic performance. Ugh I actually feel bad for her.

Anoop: WTF, man?? Why did you pick such a LAME song? I'll vote for you because I know you are soooo much better. Simon is even pissed. I know it!

Casey: I work at a tea shop and have hair extensions. Don't try to sing Sting, little girl. It will bite you every time. Put a fork in it!! SHE'S DONE.

Michael Sarver: I've loved this guy from the beginning. He's one of my early picks. I don't like his shirt.

Ann Marie: I'm very uninspired. You can see in her eyes that she knows she's done.

Steve Fowler: I'm not sure he deserved a second chance. What is up with these song choices!??! holy crap awfulness.

Tatiana: She can sing, but she's such a mess on a personal level. She'll make a fantastic telenovela star, though. That is really what she should do. I'll write her a letter.

Danny Gokey: Dead wife guy!! I'm not sure why he sang Maria Carey, but it worked in parts. I just hope he doesn't peek too early, Archuleta style.

Three will make it.

My hope: Anoop, Michael Sarver, Danny Gokey.

*fingers crossed*

No comments: