Thursday, December 11, 2008

the most wonderful time of the year

First, work explodes into a high intensity stress fest.

Then, my exam gets rescheduled.

Later, work gets trickier and The Mayor and I shit can Big Red (I haven't even had time to revel in the glory that is my very own office!).

Meanwhile...I'm trying to christmas shop, attend various festivities, not piss anyone off by being super busy all the time AND get my beauty sleep.

It IS so hard being me.

Things has gotten away from me a bit and I readily admit that. I think the fact that I DVR programs for the specific purpose of having the TV on the background while I'm doing other things (dishes, present wrapping, blog writing) speaks volumes. Yes. I record specific programs for this reason.

Other signs that something important is about to slip through the cracks:
*Dinners of Skinny Cows and wheat thins
*A 25% full DVR, mostly containing re runs of Bridezillas that I can't bring myself to delete
*Not having even looked at the materials for my exam since I found out it's now in January
*The inability to make simple decisions: What flavor of yogurt DO I want?
*A serious lack of attention to Gchat AND my facebook status
*The fact that I now change the sheets on my bed every two weeks instead of every one week
*An ambivalent attitude toward my credit balance at all times
*The serious and long consideration of the following topic: I can do all of my christmas shopping at Newbury Comics, right?

I wouldn't say I am spinning out of control or about to start taking NoDoze to keep up with my busy schedule (Please, I still manage to squeeze in 8 hours plus a night. A woman has her limits.) but I would say that I spend substantially less time in my lounging clothes in this month of December.

Now that is the true tragedy.

No comments: