Monday, June 30, 2008

Stand by Me

I started writing this post on Monday...

Ugh. Work today is just killing me.

I slept in half an hour late and drove to work. For whatever reason, I really thought that extra half an hour of sleep would change my life. No so much luck.

I like my outfit, if not only because it's comfortable and I don't think I'm bloated. That and my boobs are managing to restrain themselves today.

I kind of have a lot to cover, so let's begin.

1. Last week the shrink told me that we're completely recalibrating my pharmaceutical cocktail. At first I was really hesitant, because I've been on the same "new" medication for a few years now and when we've tried to change things up in the past, we've always ended up going back to old reliable. She thinks this new stuff is the wave of the clinically depressed cure future. I'll let you know.

2. I saw my ex, The Mailman (and his current girlfriend) for the first time in about a year and a half on Sunday. He used the word "beautiful" to describe me (while at the same time I was suffering from a severe case of swass) so it went pretty well. His current girlfriend is still a skank ho.

3. I turned down a date on Saturday. With a fitness instructor/social worker who thought I was a hot ticket. Why? I've turned over a new leaf. I'm seriously considering going cold turkey on dating for a while...like until my 28th birthday. I thought the idea was GREAT until...

4. Today (it's Tuesday now) I got a text message from a mysterious number telling me he had met my sister at Foxwoods and she had given him my number. He lives in the area and maybe we could get drinks sometime?

4a. There are several things wrong with this.
1. My sister and Foxwoods don't belong in the same sentence.
2. What the?

Turns out my sister WAS in fact (randomly) at Foxwoods (I did some detective work) and she did in fact give some random my phone number. I'm not mad...why bother. It's not like she does this all the time. OR ever. Apparently this guy is cute and so is his friend. I returned his text about an hour ago now and have not gotten a reply.

So now I ask: Uhm...why text some random chick and then when she texts you back, not return it? Perhaps he's in shock like "oh wow I never thought I would get a reply" or maybe he's trying to figure out what to write back to me. As you can tell, I'm already annoyed by this whole thing.

The only redeeming quality for all this is that my sister claims the following about this guy (and I quote): "His celebrity look alike is Jerry O'Connell"

For those of you not in the know, Jerr Bear has been looking SMOKIN' hot lately.

So yeah, I'll meet him...if I ever hear from him again.

3 comments:

Donald said...

I just got it, the movie. I was thinking "stand by me" like, "stay with me on this, I've been writing this post for three days."
Jerr Bear, really? Did you watch Carpoolers (or whatever it was called)? You know the show that was on after the Geiko Cavemen show. I could see Jerry at Foxwoods, he might be for real. Kisses.

Phan said...

I know the reference was a stretch, but I thought it had a pretty great double meaning. Thanks for pointing out how clever I am!

Donald said...

and I think you're gorgeous.