Monday, April 25, 2011

I am SO not

Well hello!

I've been getting a handful of complaints that I don't post enough. I have plenty of excuses, but none of them are really all that valid. I am being neglectful.

Here's a message I received last week:

"I think I noticed your eyes first, but you do have lovely eyelashes and a great smile! It sounds like you have a pretty busy schedule, but I'd be interested in chatting and getting to know you better if you feel the same way. Hope to hear from you!

Zen"

A decent first message but uh...I have it hard to believe this guy's name is really "Zen."

Here is a snippet from his profile:

"I enjoy contracting work, and specialize in restoration, which includes buying and restoring a virtually abandoned 1860's general store with living space above it. This, unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, lol), was a major factor in ending my marriage. I'm trying to work back into some of the things I left behind along the way, like activism, exercising, and exploring alternative ways of living. I'd also like to learn more about meditation, eating healthier, growing food, and living off the grid."

While maybe this strange comment should make me run very fast the opposite direction, I am otherwise intrigued. What kind of woman was this guy married to? Unless he's housing a brothel in the living space above the general store, I can't quite make the math work. And did she keep him locked in a small, light less room? Why couldn't he participate in something as basic as exercise?

So I messaged him, and told him I am so NOT into living off the grid. I will update if he writes back.

No comments: