Tuesday, November 22, 2005

All I want for Christmas is one of those beer can hats but with egg nog instead of beer

I kicked ass at work yesterday. I went above and beyond and all that wonderful shit. Celebrate.

I can't help but feel meloncholy this time of year. I need to stop blaming it on my mother. I'm a big girl now and I don't need to keep making excuses for how much I dislike this time of year.

Then I start to look at deeper reasons. Maybe I'm just a miserable person. All I know is that I would rather get knocked out for the next month and get woken up on New Year's Eve. Because I actually enjoy New Year's. If only that I have an excuse to get drunk and make out.

But that can't be it, either.

Nick told me that he bought my birthday present yesterday and he was actually BRAGGING about how he knew what it was and I didn't. And he knows that I hate to be uninformed. He knows that I hate to be the last to know. But he also knows that I like surprises.

Apparently, that makes little sense to everyone but him. He's wonderful. And he really likes me.

The poor man. I think I felt sorry for him the instant after I told him I loved him.

I start to imagine what it will be like when I'm pregnant with my first child and then I actually start to pity him. You should too.

3 comments:

F-I-N-E said...

You better know that I am thinking of you today, on your 1/4 century mark... and how much you have accomplished over the year. I believe you are in a place you want to be right now, while still striving for more. You have been maintaining a good balance, babe. And if nothing else, please realize that I would be lost without you. I would have dropped off the face of this earth many months ago had it not been for you and your incredibly sound advice, stern warnings, and tough love. Without a doubt I consider you one of my best friends, despite our geographical differences. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I Love You!!!

Anonymous said...

Cheer up, or I really will by you one of those hats. And a sweatshirt that lights up and socks that sing Jingle Bells.

Phan said...

MAC: I know you'll buy me something good if my sister has anything to say about it. I'm excited about buying your mom Pajamas. Who got YOUR name? (I'm cheered!!)