Tuesday, October 18, 2005

You've all done very well

My level of self absorption is very high. I won't make apologies for it, but I will say that I've missed writing in the ole blog. I know you've missed it, too.

I'm terribly out of touch with any trashy celebrity news but I DO know that Kate (that's right folks, it's not "Katie" anymore) is pregnant with a gay man's spawn. I'm going to go ahead and assume that this is not his baby. Because Tom Cruise has to be either gay or asexual. Oh...and they can both take their Scientology bullshit and shove up their respective tight asses.

I've gotten several comments (I won't go so far as to call them complaints, but they are) about my lack of blog entries. Apparently this is one of few ways that some of you deem appropriate to keep up with my fast-paced, exciting life. So, I'll oblige.

Work has escalated to the point of chaos which is good and bad. Good because it keeps me busy and distracted from other, usually mind consuming issues (money and lack there of) but bad because there is little room in my head for anything else. However, a challenging, task-driven, demanding job is what I asked for and it is now what I have. I would enter the phrase "high-paying" in there, but that would be less than true. The pay is OK but of course, when you make more money, you spend more money. And there's the rub.

My car is back to being it's glorious self, except for some new (actually old but don't tell the insurance company) issues with the front end that are quite annoying although I am told not dangerous. So I won't be careening off of the highway anytime soon. I know that disappoints some of you, if only because, should I survive, it would make a kick ass story. Admittedly, it disappoints me as well.

I am ridiculously happy in love. I wish Georgia were within driving distance but we do what we can. Spending money on plane tickets was not on the agenda but I try to remind myself it is only money and doesn't love just conquer all?

(The answer is yes)

No comments: